Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Research

                   We are now beginning a new project. Now we are moving past commercials and onto a music video. From the last blog I learned that planning and managing our time is vital to the filming process. Story boarding each detail is important to make sure filming is efficient and productive. I learned from the last project that it is important to choose partners wisely if you are particular on how you want things done. This project is to film a music video between 65 to 75 seconds. This project is to be filmed outside of class. We had to choose a song and our group first.
                  The song I chose is Surreal by Louis Futton. This song is an electric-pop song that has smooth melodies, mellow beat drops and an overall summer vibe. I chose this song because when I first heard it, images of summer, beaches, and good times ran through my head. This song puts me in a good mood and is very positive. I had originally planned to work with my past group members, but a disagreement came with the song so I decided I wanted to work by myself. My original group was Mariapaula and Darwin. They wanted to go with a slow, sad song but I wanted a different approach. I knew the vision I had and an upbeat song is what would match best. This not only gives me complete control, it also lets me work at my own pace.
                    Not many electronic-pop songs have music videos but some do. These videos have a common theme of good times. Many have different story-lines occurring at the same. Using cross cutting, they seamlessly merge these clips together to form a short movie that also serves as a music video. The lighting is often either bright due to sunshine or dim due to club lighting. The angles are often medium-close shots. The acting is usually not relevant because the actions match up to the beats of the song. Movements follow the melody or drums of the song. This causes the video to align with the music perfectly. Props depend on the video location but most are normal everyday items. This includes phones, headphones, drinks, etc. The shots depend on the song as well but usually start out long and get tighter as the song continues, then goes back to long to close it off. Editing is usually quick clips as well as rapid editing. They sometimes even include special editing for beat drops and melodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment