Saturday, October 26, 2019

Filming Blog

Filming Blog
      Today I filmed the majority of the commercial scenes. To prepare for the filming, I made sure my crew all came prepared in costume in our Vans merchandise.  I also made sure to bring both of my skateboards to school that day go use as props. One group mate brought in several other pairs of shoes to use as well. When we got to class we checked out our camera and tripod. I made sure to bring in my own SD card to make sure we lose none of our footage. Once we got our film hallway passes we headed to our first location on campus to film. The first spot was the main stairs. We shot our first scene with the camera, resting it on a stair step of my group mate Darwin walking down the stairs. It took a couple of shots to get it stable, and just the way we envisioned it. 
       Next, we moved onto our next scene of Mariapaula jumping onto the skateboard; this was a close shot. Next we went to the front of the cafeteria and shot Mariapaula flipping up the skateboard. This shot was both an action shot and a close product shot. Next we choreographed the next scene, which was Darwin and Mariapaula meeting up and walking away followed by me crossing the frame quickly. This shot was the longest and took the most attempts. We then did a take of me walking up stairs with a Vans backpack and shoes. Next we shot our most difficult scenes which was the montage of foot action. The first one was me walking into the scene, doing dances with my feet, then alternating with Mariapaula and Darwin. To film these we put the skateboard on the floor and put the camera on it. It was difficult to film this scene because we had to make sure our feet lined up. Then on our next filming day we filmed mariapaula in the classroom scene and this scene was quickly done. We finished filming with a scene of Darwin walking up stairs and that concluded filming. I returned all equipment back and began reviewing. We took about 3 takes for each shot with some needing more.In our entire commercial, we wanted to highlight the shoes, so we made sure to not include any faces. We noticed in many footwear commercial, the film focuses on the product and since we have no voiceover or text, we wanted to accentuate the shoes as much as possible.
          Filming was the most fun part of the project so far. I learned the importance of planning, because we had to change the angles on-field which wasted our time. In the end, I think we got a lot done in limited time, which made me excited for the next stage of filmmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment