Friday, October 16, 2020

Research 9: The short


I have just finished the short film called 9 by Shane Acker. This movie was very unsettling. It followed a robotic ragdoll and A dystopian world. The film was dark and I could tell it had a deeper meaning but overall I didn’t understand it. I did not like it because the scenery and lighting choices made it some thing out of a nightmare. There was a part where a mechanical beast-like creature removed the souls out of the friends of the main rag doll. The main character was called 9. He then ran away from the beast with its container of souls. It’s following the dolls  journey as it runs away and gets a chance to unleash all of its friends souls. Although he did not have a face, his gestures showed his emotions. One thing I noted was the fact there was no dialogue. I think it made it so much more dramatic overall. I think the details spoke for the plot more than words could. So many ideas were presented without one word spoken. The only sounds were natural sounds such as walking and gears turning. The movie gave me like junkyard vibes. It was very dark much like the film Coraline. The director was very creative but in like a scary, Tim Burton way. He showed a whole story in 10 minutes without any words so I must say it is a well executed film. I wouldn’t watch it again personally because it was very creepy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment