Monday, October 5, 2020

Genre Decisions

       So, now that I have researched all the possible genres, I need to make a decision. The possible films are a comedy, a romance or a drama. I originally only explored the idea of a drama. I wanted to make this emotional drama about mental health and feeling free. Although I still think that idea would be beautiful, I had to look inward. I would not enjoy making a film that serious. I would have such an amazing time filming a comedy, and that's the moral. As a person, I'm trying to go out of quarantine and have a fun time, like my character. I think if I actually was getting one night away with my friends, it would be fun and lighthearted, not emotional. I think experience is the best way to learn, so that is what I will do. I decided I want to make a lighthearted, comedic film about a group of teens having one night of freedom. This could make the film more genuine. The film I will be basing it off is Project X and The F*** It List. These two films are about teens going wild when they stop following their parents and societies rules and just making memories. Although I like the drama and romance ideas, the comedy film is more me, if that makes sense. The decision is one that I did not expect but I think the result is going to make a better film. My next step would be to start brainstorming details such as characters and scene ideas. Because I am choosing a comedy, I have to follow the comedy norms and genre structures. The one thing I need to keep in mind is that I cant make any of the comedy inappropriate or insensitive. Im not an insensitive person but comedy can be controversial so that is what I am trying to avoid.



No comments:

Post a Comment