Monday, January 20, 2020

Pitch Perfect

              Now that I have formulated some pitch ideas, I now need to narrow it down to the one that I would like to create. To make this decision there are several factors I should consider. I need to select an idea that I can produce with the resources I have. This pitch needs to be do-able with my time frame as well. Out of my three pitches I have decided to rule out the one about blackface and ignorant people in society. There is nothing wrong with this pitch, I just believe that its a story that needs more than two minutes to develop and leave viewers wondering.My two pitch ideas are the ones I need to choose from. The first one is a psychological thriller about sleep paralysis and the inability to decipher between a fantasy and reality. My next pitch idea is about long lost twin assassins assigned to each other.
          I love the idea of the psychological  thriller. It was inspired to me one night when I could not fall asleep. Inspired by Billie Eilish's discussion of her own sleep paralysis as well as other distorting films such as Inception. The idea is unique and can be very interesting, but it will not be very easy to create. I have no idea where to begin with this film. I also believe I do not have the resources needed to create the film because it would be very confusing. All in all I love this idea for its uniqueness and differentiation of other films.
       My next pitch is a crime thriller. The idea came to me when a friend and I were discussing our favorite films. I love crime movies and I wanted to take inspiration from the film Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The idea would be two assassins that are long-lost twins being assigned to assassinate each other. Will they choose family or their duty? This film would be very fun to create. I would show clues hinting toward their unknown relationship. Although this film would need more cast, that might cause an issue because the other pitch only requires one person cast.
        And the winner is...Drum roll please...The two assassins! This pitch ideas is my favorite because of the story and accessibility I have to create it. I genuinely am very excited to created this film. When story boarding I will pay very close attention to detail as well as not giving too much information. I think this film idea is going to be the best choice for me and my resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment