Thursday, January 16, 2020

Starting Final Task

Hey there! My name is Macy. I am 15 years old and I currently reside in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I have some likable attributes such as creativity and optimism but I can also be very talkative and bossy. My passions include photography and videography, as well as graphic design. I plan on studying business and finance later on in life, but for now I just take photos and edit them. Media studies is one of my favorite classes because I am doing what I love and have complete creative control. Personally, between you and I, I do not like working in groups. Not to say I am not a people person, because I have no issue socializing, I just like having control over things I am passionate about. I am a sophomore in high school, my favorite color is white, I have three brothers, and I would like to travel the world when I am a couple years older.

In this class I have learned a multitude of skills. First of all I have learned technical such as camera angles and movement. I have also learned movie making skills such as editing and storyboard-ing. We have also learned about the film world such as marketing and production. These skills have given us insight of the movie making process and the processes behind the camera. I am excited to use these editing skills as well as storyboard skills such as adding suspense and tension. By knowing how lighting and angles affect mood, I will arrange those to the best of my ability to create an overall mood. I like close up shots because I think they create a connection between the character and the audience.

Now that you know a little bit about me, let me tell you about this project. My task is to make the first two minutes of an original film. I have to begin with creating several pitch ideas to compare and decide which one to carry out. A pitch is a summary of a movie used to convince directors to adapt your idea into a film. An elevator pitch is the same thing but in around a sentence or two. I have three pitch ideas. My first idea is; two separated siblings grow up to be assassins and get assigned to kill each other. Whats more important; your family or your duty? My next idea is a psychological thriller about sleep paralysis and the inability to sleep. My final idea idea is a world where people that blackface and are racist get transported back in history and put in the role of the oppressed. These are my pitch ideas for the final task.

No comments:

Post a Comment