Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Editing

Editing this film was stressful. First I reviewed all my footage, deleting bad takes and organizing all the good clips in a folder. This made the footage easier to access. Then, I imported all my footage onto my editing software, iMovie. Once i imported and arranged all my clips, my film was six minutes long which was three times the maximum length. I immediately knew that I had made huge mistakes. I thought my film would end up being too short but I was far from correct. I then discovered that iMovie had no way of adding a split screen. Due to this I downloaded multiple apps to find the best one. By using an app called Split Video Screen, I was able to create the split screen scene. I added the split screen scene to replace the original footage and that got me down to four minutes. To shorten the film, I had to maneuver the the clips. This includes clipping and speeding up the clips. I could not do this to scenes with dialogue as changing the speed would distort their voice. I got my film down to 3 minutes but then I realized one scene still needs additional editing on to when a voice over is made. I then used the instrumental downloaded song on the footage without dialogue. I altered the volume on different scenes to erase external noises such as side conversations or cars driving. Editing is simple on iMovie, but because it is so simple, I had little creativity when it came to transitions and in-depth editing and trimming. The editing process took me about an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment