Friday, March 20, 2020

Re-Edit

To re-edit was a crucial step. I now needed to re-edit my film according to my peer review. First I cut the scene of the bathroom out. I felt that this scene was too long and served little development to the storyline. This scene was 30 seconds which took up a quarter of my film. Although this scene was difficult to edit and a hassle to film, it took up too much time. The scene was a split screen and was already sped up to make it shorter. Next I cut off a portion of the scene where Juliana is tying her shoes. An extra 8 seconds were spent solely on her walking into the room. This unnecessary footage made the film too long so I removed it. Next I fine-tuned the cross cut conversation to be less choppy and more fluid. Next, I made the establishing shots shorter as well as changing the transitions. This made it more fluent and allowed time for the viewer to get an idea without stalling. The re-edit portion is important to the whole storyline. Therefore, I need to go back and change the storyboard. These changes were due to my peer-review saying that the film wasn’t clear. The re-editing took approximately twenty-five minutes. Overall, I think the re-edit made the film more fluent and clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment