Sunday, November 29, 2020

Why I did not film over Thanksgiving Break.


You would think that if a student has over a week to get an assignment done, they would at least begin. Well that wasn’t my ideal break. Overall school drains me out but the week leading up to Thanksgiving break had me aggravated at any and every assignment. Also my family from out of town that I haven’t seen since quarantine started we’re in town. I just felt like with school and my job, I had felt exhausted and was looking forward to break. Any responsible person might think i’m irrational but I really needed the break. I took the vacation to avoid school-work, spend time with my family, and just overall relax for the sake of my mental health. I can film during the week when I am in a productive state of well-being but this break was not that time. With seeming two different sides of my family, Thanksgiving day, my brothers birthday, and my job, I didn’t even have time to film. But to every issue there is a solution. I have decided to film during the week. This is when I am the most productive and motivated. The “creative juices” of mine are flying so it would be great for me. I now have a sense of urgency to catch up and that pressure usually makes me work better. This coming week I will now film the bedroom scenes. Also, unrelated yet totally related, I have bought myself a new computer. This is helpful because the advanced version of iMovie will allow more accessibility to advanced editing. Also the SD port will allow me to be able to film on my camera, which is better for the overall production of my film. So yes, I didn’t film, but for the sake of the film and my mental health, I think its a win-win.



No comments:

Post a Comment