Monday, November 30, 2020

Advertising Plan

 When it comes to any business or project, marketing it is key. Advertising to the right audience can make or break your success. I am marketing my film to 13-20 year old viewers. I know they spend a lot of time on social media so properly advertising it to them on social media would be effective. I want to make this film feel like a brand. What makes something a brand is consistency. This means using a color scheme, a consistent vision, and an overall look and feel to the film and all promotions around it. Whether this be trailers or movie posters, they all need to match so people associate the brand to the movie. Therefore, I decided to take some initiative today. I knew I wanted a platform to make these advertisements so I bought myself Adobe Creative Cloud. In this package I receive multiple programs I can apply towards different aspects of advertisements. Photoshop for designing posters, Premiere for video editing, InDesign for infographics, Illustrator for logos, etc. Although this is completely unnecessary and excessive, I find joy in these things. Promoting the film sounded far more exciting than actually producing it, so I want to make it right. I have uploaded a couple of posts to Instagram but until I film, Youtube promotions will have to wait. I also need to start uploading on Twitter as well. The overall look of my brand is darks and cool tones and I want to promote it like a teenager would because the point of view as well as the demographic is to teenagers. I think this step is really important to the film. I know I am not actually selling this movie or making a strong "fanbase" but it shows the dedication. I plan to edit a couple of things to promote and tease the film.



No comments:

Post a Comment