Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The First Filming Day

      To begin the process, I gathered my equipment to begin filming. I charged my camera, grabbed an SD card, my tripod and a bag to store it all in. I was working with another group as we had overlapping film days. We met at 1:30 on Monday, February 17th. I filmed with several classmates of mine. While my classmates were using my camera, I decided to use my phone to tape this film. The quality is 4K and is much more convenient as I was working on the film myself. I began by filming the establishing shot. To do this, we crossed the street and placed the tri-pod on the sidewalk. I waited for cars to stop crossing the street so it would not intercept our shot. As I shot the houses, I got various angles and tried to get the angle closes to the one represented on my storyboard. The next scene we filmed was the bathroom scene of Juliana (played by Emily). I shot this scene all in one take. I will cut it into segments while editing for the cross-cutting. The only cut I had to do for this scene was when Emily had to change costumes. I was able to get the scene the way I wanted after two takes. The parallel scene I had to shoot with Javier (played by Darwin), was a bit more difficult. My actor Darwin, was having difficulty acting and doing the actions comfortably. I wanted the scene to look natural, so we had to do several takes of this particular shot. This scene was in a mirror so I had to shoot from a side view which led to an over-the-shoulder effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment